Friday, May 31, 2019

My Bass Boat Wont Plane






The first time i took my boat out, i had the same "worship the sky gods" with my bow.i didn't realize that a motor on a bass boat with a jack plate means that the back end of the motor is literally dragging in the water.. Planing a boat is a skill that all boaters must be familiar with. within this video, i explain how to make a boat plane. it's very simple to do and is just a matter of starting from idle with the. Max hp the boat is rated for is a 35 hp. this boat is my first. it did plane out and still sometimes does. when i first purchased it ran great. this problem does not happen all the time just most of the time. i thought it was a fuel problem because when it first started i could pump the primer bulb and it would run great..












My boat acts like it's trying to pull the titanic out of the bottom of the lake and then i notice what i forgot to do just in time to get hit by a wave of 45* water as the trolling motor gets ripped off the nose of the boat. there's no tightening the screws this time. the whole thing is going to have to be repositioned on the nose of the boat.. Here is an example from my boat: i have a 1999 bass tracker pt 165 with a '05 johnson 50hp on it. when i got it it would only do about 28 mph and at 6500 rpm. it would jump out of the water like a cat on fire. the prop was a 13" pitch. i exchanged that for a 17" pitch and not it still got on a plane quickly but would do 34 mph.. I had to get a new outboard and put it on my boat. it would not plain out. so i bought an extention kit to add five inches. and the boat will not plain out. i hope to change my prop it’s a 19th on a 20th motor..



my bass boat wont plane

visit link reference