Sunday, September 3, 2017

Every Camper Needs a Cooler Product Update

Every Camper Needs a Cooler Product Update


ebags Crew Cooler II

A few months ago I wrote a rave review about the eBags Crew Cooler II on this blog.  I had owned the Crew Cooler I and it had lasted me for years.  In fact, the only reason I chucked it was because it got a little yucky during a small house fire that we had.  Cant blame eBags for that one...

So once camping season rolled around I was happy to see that Ebags had released the sensational sequel to the Crew Cooler I--the creatively named Crew Cooler II.  This updated version of the cooler had a brilliant new design feature.  The insulated liner on the new cooler unzips and can actually be washed off.  The liner on the old cooler did get pretty funky, so I was unreasonably excited about this great leap forward in Cooler design.

Unfortunately, after a month of pretty heavy use the insulated liner ripped.  This new, removable liner, while brilliant in design, is quite a bit thinner, and apparently more fragile than the old heavy duty liner.  When a relatively new product breaks I usually get pretty cranky.  Particularly if the product can no longer be returned. Luckily for me I knew that eBags has a kick-butt, L.L. Bean-like,  return policy for their own branded products.  Here is the policy from their website:

Our Promise: Lifetime warranty, exchange or return - whatever it takes (5 years for commercial use).
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase of an eBags-branded product.
If you encounter a problem with the product, we want to know about it right away.
Contact Customer Service at and well do whatever it takes to correct the situation.
Its really as simple as that!

When I called the companies customer service number their representative was incredibly apologetic.  She acted like she had ripped the bag herself and then devoured my childrens lunch.  After her profound apologies were expressed, she promised that a free replacement cooler would be sent out immediately.  She even asked if I wanted a different color this time!  But I was perfectly happy with Blue Yonder.  And perfectly happy with eBags.

If the liner rips again Im gonna ask for a new color: Original Sin. Better to burn out than fade away, right?






download file now